Lentisk Oil is anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent, balsamic, expectorant, and diuretic. A warming oil, it is used to treat arthritis and bronchitis. When diluted in a massage oil it is a wonderful pain reliever. Lentisk fresh lightly woody aroma is an excellent breath freshener when used as a gargle or mouth wash. A 1985 study by the University of Thessaloniki and the Meikai University discovered that mastic can reduce bacterial plaque in the mouth by 41.5 percent. It is often recommended for use in a room spray where its antiseptic and deodorant qualities both kill germs and freshen the air. It is also used as an insect repellent. Mastic Essential Oil is used in skin care products to treat boils, cuts, wounds, and ringworm as well as an ingredient in blends for very oily skin.
- Anticancer: Lentisk oil has the ability to fight lung cancer cells, and even lentisk oil could inhibit tumor growth.
- Antibacterial: It has an airborne anti-microbial action that is greatly needed when dealing with any respiratory issue.
- Anti-Inflammatory: The high monterpene content provide and analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Antiseptic: Lentisk oil can reduce oral bacterial plaque by nearly half.
- Astringent: Lentisk oil is used in skin care products to treat boils, cuts, wounds, and ringworm