The essential oil of camphor is obtained during the process of its extraction of camphor from two types of camphor trees. The first one is the Common Camphor tree. The second variety is the Borneo Camphor tree.The camphor oil obtained from both have similar properties, but they differ slightly in aroma and in the concentration of various compounds found in them. The various components of camphor essential oil are alcohol, borneol, pinene, camphene, camphor, terpene, and safrole.
- Improves Circulation: Camphor essential oil is an effective stimulant, which boosts the activity of the circulatory system.
- Prevents Skin Infections: Camphor oil is an excellent disinfectant, insecticide, and germicide.
- Reduces Nervous Disorders: It acts as a good anesthetic and is very effective for local anesthesia.
- Relieves Spasms: It is a very efficient antispasmodic and gives immediate relief from spasms and cramps.
- Relieves Neuralgia: Neuralgia, a severely painful situation, can be treated using camphor oil